The Nigerian Small Chops are appetizers/finger foods served mostly at parties and special events.They are basically the classic Nigerian snacks made into bite sizes.
The small chops include Spring Rolls, baby puff puff, Samosas, chicken kebab, coconut candy, mini donuts, stick meat, Peppered Gizzards/Snails, Gizdodo, Mini sausage Rolls, Mini fish rolls and a lot more.
Below are the most common Nigerian small chops recipes.
Samosa,although originally from Asia, is one of the most popular Nigerian Small chops.
Homemade Samosa Wrappers
2. Spring rolls
Spring rolls goes hand-in-hand with samosas and no Nigerian small chop table is complete without it.
4. Mini Puff Puff : The mini or baby puff puff is simply a smaller size of the original snack.
5. Mini Sausage Rolls : just as the mini puff puff, the mini sausage roll is also a smaller or shorter version of the original sausage and also a popular Nigerian small chop.
6. Asun (grilled peppered spicy goat meat): this is a deliciously spicy Nigerian small chop ...you'll love it.
7. Nigerian Coconut Candy : this sweet snack is usually added as a ''top up'' to any small chop tray. So if you like coconuts, and like something crunchy and chewy, you'll love this Nigerian Small chop.
8. Nigerian Mini Donuts
9. Gizdodo/Dodo Gizzards (Plantains&Gizzards)
10. Mini Cakes
11. Meat stuffed yam (potato) balls
Banana Puff Puff
Nigerian Battered Plantain