Coloring Fondant is another fun task I enjoy doing. It is easy to do, but also has to be done carefully so that you can get the exact color tone you are a looking to get. Here's how to Color Fondant for Cake Decorating.
You'll need :
- White Fondant
- Food dye or coloring (liquid, powder or paste)
- Gloves (to prevent staining your hands with dye)
(dr. oetker food coloring , do not stain, I love using them)
1. Put on the gloves and knead the fondant until soft and form a ball; then lightly punch the ball a little in the center .
If you're using liquid food dye add one drop at a time and knead until you get your desired color.
3. Finally form into a ball and tightly wrap up the fondant in a nylon or plastic bag and place in a sealed container until you're ready to use.
Tip: Always color more than you need because it could be difficult to get the same shade or color tone if you finish with the one you have.
<<You might be interested in:
* Easy Multi-Colour Polka Dots Fondant Cake for Beginners
* How to make Fondant from scratch
* How to Color Fondant for Cake Decorating
* How to Make Butter Icing (buttercream icing)
* How to cover a cake with Fondant
* Nigerian Cake Recipe
* Apple cake recipe
* Banana cake recipe
* How to make Cake in a Sandwich Toaster