How to Make Icing Sugar (Homemade Icing Sugar)
How to Make Icing Sugar at Home
Icing sugar is a ''must-have'' if you enjoy baking.
It is often used for cake decorations, biscuits, fondant, and also for dusting on donuts and others sweet desserts.
But just in case your ever run out of icing sugar, here's how to make a batch in a jiffy. It is very easy and only requires 2- ingredients.
Icing sugar is also known as Powdered sugar or Confectioner's sugar.
Here's how to make it.
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoonful Corn starch(to prevent clumping and caking)
Combine the granulated sugar and corn starch together in a coffee blender or dry mill and blend until you get a fine powder.
If you have some granules, you can pour the blended mix through a sieve to separate the powder from the grains.
Thanks for your comments and feedbacks. Do join us on Nigerian Food TV channel and Facebook for step by step video recipes ☺.
<<You might be interested in:
* Easy Multi-Colour Polka Dots Fondant Cake for Beginners
* How to make Fondant from scratch
* How to Color Fondant for Cake Decorating
* How to Make Butter Icing (buttercream icing)
* How to cover a cake with Fondant
* Nigerian Cake Recipe
* Apple cake recipe
* Banana cake recipe
* How to make Cake in a Sandwich Toaster