Even though both cocktails are almost alike, Nigerian Chapman has a unique zesty taste which makes it stand out from other drinks.
Chapman is one of Nigeria's popular and most sort after drinks and is also easy to prepare, here's how to do it.
Ingredients for Nigerian Chapman
This makes 4 (150ml) Tall glasses
- 33 cl(330ml) Fanta (chilled)
- 33cl (330ml) Sprite (chilled)
- 4 to 5 tablespoonful Ribena or Blackcurrant or Grenadine syrup(enough to give the Chapman its unique ''reddish-pink'' color)
- A quarter teaspoon Angostura aromatic bitters
- 12 to 15 Ice cubes( Or more)
- 1 Lemon (or to taste)
- 1 Orange (or to taste)
- 1 small Cucumber (or to taste)
- Tall glasses, tumblers or cocktail glasses for serving
Tip: to prepare Nigerian Chapman for kids you can omit the angostura bitters because it contains 45% alcohol.
If you can't find Angostura bitters, make use of Peychaud’s bitters or Orange bitters.
1a. Before you make Chapman, make sure you have all the ingredients ready.
- First, prepare the ice cubes or ice block.
- Slice your lemon, orange and cucumber into rounds or quarters and set aside.
1b. In a glass jug or bowl, pour in the ice cubes then add the Fanta and Sprite and mix together.
2. Add a tablespoonful of Grenadine syrup or Ribena or blackcurrant (this is what gives the Nigerian Chapman its reddish-pink color).
3. Add the Angostura aromatic bitters, mix well, and finally add the lemon, cucumber and orange slices and serve in a tumbler or cocktail glass with a straw.
Tips for preparing Nigerian Chapman
- The drink should be made and served immediately because the ice cubes tends to dissolve and dilute the drink, making the drink watery and kinda tasteless.
- The fizz (effervescence) from the carbonated drinks(fanta&sprite) also adds to the unique taste of the drink and if left for a long time,the drinks will lose all that gas.
- Add the Angostura aromatic bitters bit by bit, until you get your desired taste.
Thanks for your comments and feedbacks. Do join us on Nigerian Food TV channel and Facebook for step by step video recipes ☺.