|Agidi – Eko with Akara|
Agidi , also known as Eko is a popular breakfast meal in Nigeria. It is eaten in combination with other foods such as Akara (fried bean cake), beans, Nigerian Pepper soup and other soups , depending on what each individual desires.
Agidi /Eko ingredients
- 1 Cup corn starch or corn flour(the white type)
- 300 ml water
Cooking direction for Agidi Eko
1. Boil some water to 100ºc, the water should be very hot and bubbling.
2. In a clean dry pot dissolve the corn starch with little cold water, and
then pour the hot water into the pot until the mixture becomes thick. It
should look like thick Ogi(pap).
Stir well to avoid lump formation.
3. Now add a little water , cover and leave to boil for 5 minutes.Mix well, and scoop a teaspoon of the Eko into a glass cup of cold water, if it sets , then your Agidi / eko is ready.
4. Scoop the mixture into any container of choice and leave to cool a bit, and your Agidi / Eko is ready Enjoy!
Thanks for your comments. Do join us on Nigerian Food TV channel for step by step video recipes☺.
By Nky Lily Lete