Easy Banana Cake Recipe

Banana Cake Recipe, Easy Banana Cake Recipe, Easy Banana Cake Recipe all purpose flour, Easy Banana Cake Recipe with plain flour
Banana Cake topped with yogurt and raisins

Banana cake is one of our favorite fruit cakes. We love bananas  and usually never get left overs in the fruit tray.
  Last week, my hubby and our lil’ princess visited the farmer’s market and came home with a huge bundle of ripe bananas.
   For 3 days,we snacked on those beauties ; I made Banana pancakes, Energy smoothies and ice cream and was finally left with one lonely over ripe banana.
  At that moment I realized that I didn’t make any Banana Cake (I can’t believe I forgot)….Ayyyy! all those bananas… gooooone!Lol☺.
  Well, here’s a no fail Banana cake recipe..I made it with one banana, but you can double up the ingredients, if you want a large cake.

Ingredients for Banana Cake:
 *150g self raising flour (Substitute for : 145g all-purpose flour + 1 and1/2 teaspoons baking powder + 1/2 teaspoon salt)* 1 over ripe banana * 150g caster sugar*125g butter* 2 eggs* 60ml milk* 2 drops vanilla essence(optional)

Preparation:*Preheat oven at 170ºC
* Melt the butter in the microwave or leave it to soften at room temperature prior to baking time.Then place in a bowl with the sugar and cream together.
Tip: You can melt the butter and sugar together in a small saucepan, to make it faster.*  Add the banana and mash it as you mix the batter.You can mash it separately before adding to the bowl
 * Add the eggs and the vanilla essence  and mix thoroughly until well blended.* Then gradually stir in the flour and also add the milk. Mix thoroughly until the batter is pretty smooth and light.

*Pour into a greased pan and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until lightly brown.(I grease my pan with butter and then dust with a little flour)

To check if the cake is ready , simply dip a fork or a bamboo skewer into it;if the skewer comes out dry, then your banana cake is ready. Enjoy!

You can also try out this recipe in a Sandwich toaster if you don’t have an oven. See steps here

Check out our irresistible Apple Cake Recipe

1. Akuche Anita
    October 17, 2018 / 12:32 pm

I don't want it to be too soft because I want to decorate it for birthday..how will I make it a litre bit strong

• October 22, 2018 / 5:25 pm

Banana Cake is supposed to be a moist cake.But you can refrigerate it after it has cooled down.

Then,it should be OK for decorating.

2. Akuche Anita
    October 17, 2018 / 12:32 pm

3. Ada
    July 10, 2018 / 3:25 pm

hi Nky! uGod bless u real good….,I really want to try d banana cake, pls can I use microwave to bake since I don't hav oven? thanks

4. Clara
    June 11, 2018 / 10:55 am

Hi Nky, Can I use banana extract for a birthday cake instead of the banana fruit…..if yes what is the recipe

5. omobolanle awosanya
    April 13, 2017 / 6:35 pm

You have been of a great help. God bless you.

6. Nchedo Azogor
    December 20, 2016 / 10:34 am

Hi Nky, Please can the batter and sugar be mixed simply without a cake mixer? If yes, how long will that take?Thank you

7. Tolu
    March 17, 2016 / 12:31 pm

Hi Nky, I tried out your banana cake today and it was perfect. I do not have a scale but was able to work the maths. I guess I'm lucky. My neighbours want more. Lol. Thanks a bunch. Dark Chocolate cake next pwetty pweaseee

March 21, 2016 / 12:37 pm

Thanks for you lovely feedback Tolu.I have to admit that I do some of my baking without a scale, probably because I have been using the same recipe for years and already know what and what..lol.. great job hun, keep it up.And sure to have that the chocolate recipe up 🙂

8. Tolu
    March 17, 2016 / 12:31 pm

January 29, 2016 / 10:17 am

Thanks for all these yummy recipe Nky. Please I need cheese cake recipe

March 21, 2016 / 12:32 pm

ok

10. Anu Funke
    November 5, 2015 / 10:34 am

Hallos Nky, pls for dis recipe if I use the self rising flour do I still nid to add salt? Then my oven doesnt come in degree numbering…how do I know the appropriate degree to turn my knob to? Aw can I send a pix of the knob to u so u wld understand it better n be able to advice appropriately?Tanx

11. Bekisu
    September 13, 2015 / 9:22 am

I just tried this recipe today. I don't know what I did wrong. After melting the butter and sugar, mixed the eggs, when I poured the flour in, it was so stiff. I didn't use the whole of the 150g butter. And I had to add more milk. After 45 mins, the side was still too soft. *sobs* where did I go wrong?

September 13, 2015 / 10:44 am

Hi dearie, I feel your pain :)I'm sure that if you go through the recipe again, you'll find out where you went wrong.But if you are sure you followed everything , just the way it is written, then the problem will be with your oven dearie.

12. Tola
    September 7, 2015 / 9:37 pm

Hey Nky,I'm your newest and biggest fan.I just finished enjoying the lovely sharwama I made using your recipe. I am looking forward to trying the banana cake tomorrow morning. The other thing I would be incredibly grateful to learn would be how to make the cream cheese you Promised to teach. It is literally impossible to get cream cheese in Jos and I need to use it for a lot of recipes. Thanks darling and good night.

September 8, 2015 / 1:40 pm

Hi Tola, good to have you around and thanks dearie for your lovely feedback.I will have the cream cheese recipe up sooner than you think and keep me posted on any other recipes you try out 🙂

13. Ijeoma Florence
    August 16, 2015 / 5:24 pm

Helo Nky.i made did wonderful cake yesday.i doubled d ingredients and mixed d milk with a tablespoon of vinegar(allowed to d mixture to stand for 5 mins b4 adding to d batter).it was so moist nd melts easily in d mouth.tank you so much.

August 16, 2015 / 10:49 pm

Hi sweets, thanks for your comment and thanks for the extra tip 🙂

14. Eugenia Banigo
    August 11, 2015 / 4:15 pm

Hey Nky,thank u so much 4 all the recipes, u are indeed blessed.

August 16, 2015 / 11:40 pm

thanks hun 🙂

15. Ijeoma Florence
    July 30, 2015 / 3:54 pm

Hello Nky.i really admire ur work.i use siams margarine to bake and it has salt in it.can I intentionally omit using salt wen baking since s margarine has salt in it?

August 1, 2015 / 2:23 pm

Hi Ij, it depends on what you are baking and also the amount of salt required in the recipe. If its for cake recipes that ask for a little salt, you don't need to add any since the margarine or butter you are using already has some.

• Ijeoma Florence
      August 16, 2015 / 3:49 pm

Tanx

September 13, 2015 / 10:57 am

YW 🙂

16. Ijeoma Florence
    July 30, 2015 / 3:51 pm

Hello Nky…..i really luv ur blog.i use simas margarine to bake and it has salt in it,can I omit using salt when baking since d margarine has salt in it?

17. Grace Frank
    May 22, 2015 / 1:52 pm

Dear nky, thanks for this post. But please I don't have a scale. What type of cup should I use in measurement

May 24, 2015 / 3:37 pm

A peak milk tin cup is about 170gr, hope you can do the remaining maths from here 🙂

18. Tory
    May 12, 2015 / 4:12 pm

Awesome, never knew one can bake banana cake, even apple cake.

May 14, 2015 / 3:42 pm

Of course you can.We also have carrot cake, orange cake and lemon cake too 🙂

May 10, 2015 / 11:44 am

Please what is the Internet link to your Facebook page? I wish to "like" it so that I can be getting regular feeds from you. Danke schon.

20. Fan Base
    April 14, 2015 / 7:00 pm

Nky dear,Ps can you give me the equivalent of the following measurements in cups;150g self-rising flour150g sugar125g butter.Also 170C will be approximately what degree baking temperature in Farenheit?We appreciate you!Thanks!

April 25, 2015 / 12:43 pm

Hi dear, sorry for the late response.150g self-rising flour—– 1 cup150g sugar——— 2/3 cup125g butter.——— 1/2 cup +Also use 325 F in your oven , to get 170C temperature .

• Fan Base
      April 27, 2015 / 6:59 pm

Omalicha,Thks! No wahala. I applied some Math,& I was right. The cake was simply out of this world – SCRUMPTIOUS!You are something,dear.Your hubby & kids are truly enjoying,big time!Greater grace & greater favor to you IJN.

April 29, 2015 / 10:00 am

Aww thanks nwa nnem. I'm so glad you got the proportion right and enjoyed itDo send me some pics next time 🙂

21. Efficient Ignatius
    April 13, 2015 / 5:22 pm

Nky, pls I have not yet seen the "Enter your email" option. Meanwhile, what is that you pour on the "Banana Cake"?

April 22, 2015 / 11:50 am

it's homemade cream cheese and yogurt.

22. Efficient Ignatius
    April 13, 2015 / 11:50 am

Thanks for replying, but I couldn't see anything like "Enter your email address" at the upper right of the page. Doesn't know if I'm in the right page

April 22, 2015 / 11:51 am

Hi dearie, it's just above the '' featured recipes''

23. Efficient Ignatius
    April 11, 2015 / 7:02 pm

What are the steps for subscription?

April 12, 2015 / 1:25 pm

You'll see a ''Enter your email address:'' at the upper right side of the page.Just enter it, click subscribe and then click the confirmation link you get in your email.

March 31, 2015 / 11:08 am

Dear Nky, How do I know the right quantity of ingredient to use at any particular time. Do I need to guess or there is a guide to this? I want to try my hands on this recipe during the Easter break. ThanksLulu Elebs

April 12, 2015 / 1:29 pm

You'll have to use a measuring cup if you want to get the best results.

March 2, 2015 / 3:51 pm

aw can sumone make a cake in form of human being

April 12, 2015 / 1:28 pm

Buy the mold or pan so that you can get the shape.

January 7, 2015 / 9:41 am

my name is prisca .i want to find out if baking soda is not required

January 11, 2015 / 11:59 am

No, you don't need baking soda if you're using self rising flour.

November 27, 2014 / 4:57 am

Pls can i use only all purpose flour for the cake?

November 27, 2014 / 10:54 am

Yes you can dearie, but for 150g self raising flour(Substitute for : 145g all-purpose flour + 1 and1/2 teaspoons baking powder + 1/2 teaspoon salt)

November 24, 2014 / 8:31 pm

I love this recipe. Thanks so much. Made it tonight and everyone loved it. Please how do i adjust the recipe to make one 10" diameter and 4" high? Thanks in advance

November 26, 2014 / 8:36 am

I'm glad you enjoyed it.For a 10" diameter and 4" high cake, you'll need:- 500 grams( about 4 cups) self rising flour- 5 ripe bananas- 300 grams Sugar- 500 grams Butter (at room temperature)- 6 Eggs (at room temperature)- 180ml milk- 1 tablespoonful vanilla flavor

29. Lindjoy
    November 12, 2014 / 7:52 pm

Thanks so much,i'll let u know hw it turned out.

November 13, 2014 / 2:15 pm