|Banana Cake topped with yogurt and raisins
Banana cake is one of our favorite fruit cakes. We love bananas and usually never get left overs in the fruit tray.
Last week, my hubby and our lil’ princess visited the farmer’s market and came home with a huge bundle of ripe bananas.
For 3 days,we snacked on those beauties ; I made Banana pancakes, Energy smoothies and ice cream and was finally left with one lonely over ripe banana.
At that moment I realized that I didn’t make any Banana Cake (I can’t believe I forgot)….Ayyyy! all those bananas… gooooone!Lol☺.
Well, here’s a no fail Banana cake recipe..I made it with one banana, but you can double up the ingredients, if you want a large cake.
Ingredients for Banana Cake:
- 150g self raising flour (Substitute for : 145g all-purpose flour + 1 and1/2 teaspoons baking powder + 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- 1 over ripe banana
- 150g caster sugar
- 125g butter
- 2 eggs
- 60ml milk
- 2 drops vanilla essence(optional)
- Preheat oven at 170ºC
- Melt the butter in the microwave or leave it to soften at room temperature prior to baking time. Then place in a bowl with the sugar and cream together.
Tip: You can melt the butter and sugar together in a small saucepan, to make it faster.* Add the banana and mash it as you mix the batter.You can mash it separately before adding to the bowl
- Add the eggs and the vanilla essence and mix thoroughly until well blended.* Then gradually stir in the flour and also add the milk. Mix thoroughly until the batter is pretty smooth and light.
- Pour into a greased pan and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until lightly brown.(I grease my pan with butter and then dust with a little flour)
To check if the cake is ready , simply dip a fork or a bamboo skewer into it;if the skewer comes out dry, then your banana cake is ready. Enjoy!
You can also try out this recipe in a Sandwich toaster if you don’t have an oven. See steps here
Check out our irresistible Apple Cake Recipe