|Banana Puff Puff|
Banana Puff Puff is the traditional Nigerian Puff puff with a little twist. It is simply delicious with an inviting banana taste. This is another yummy way to use up over ripe bananas, if you don’t want to make Banana cake , smoothies or Pancakes. Here’s how to prepare it …Enjoy!
This recipe makes about 20+ medium sized Banana Puff Puff
• 2 over ripe Bananas
• 350g of Plain Flour
• 75g Sugar (caster/castor sugar)
• 1 tablespoonful Dry baking yeast
• A pinch of Nutmeg (optional)
• A pinch of Salt
• Vegetable Oil (for frying)
• About 1& half cups OR 200ml of Lukewarm water (more or less, until you get a dropping but not watery consistency)
Banana Puff Puff preparation:
1. Mash the bananas until into a paste. 2. Add the sugar, salt and nutmeg into the mashed banana bowl and mix thoroughly.
3. Add the flour and the yeast,and mix together. If you are making use of fresh yeast,
dissolve the yeast in warm water and add it.4. Gradually, add the lukewarm water and mix thoroughly until there are no lumps, and the batter is smooth and of dropping consistency , but make sure it is not watery.
5. Cover the bowl with an aluminum foil and leave the batter to rise for about 45 to 50 minutes.
know if the batter is ready for frying, you will notice some air
bubbles in it and also that the batter has doubled in size and is thicker and stretchy.
6. Heat up the oil in a deep pot until hot; Punch down the batter,Scoop onto your palm and drop into the hot oil.
Tip: the oil should be deep enough to cover an egg, so that when you drop the batter into the pot, you won’t get a flat puff puff.
7. Fry until brown. Then transfer onto a sieve lined with serviettes and Enjoy!
Serve your Banana Puff Puff with a smoothie, juice or beverage.
|Banana Puff puff|
|Classic Nigerian Puff puff|