|Agidi Jollof served with soup…..simply delicious!|
Agidi Jollof is a Nigerian meal that is eaten anytime of the day. It is made with corn flour (corn starch) just as you do with the normal Agidi, but the pink or red color is achieved by adding tomato stew to it …enjoy.
Agidi Jollof Ingredients
- 3 tablespoonful corn starch (the type for making akamu or pap)
- 4 medium sized fresh tomatoes
- 1 medium sized scotch bonnet/Atarodo pepper
- 1 small sized Red bell pepper/ tatashe
- 1 Chopped medium sized onion
- 2 handfuls of minced meat/ minced chicken/ mashed boneless fish or soft Marrow bones
- 2 cookingspoonful vegetable oil
- Water about 750 ml
- 2 bouillon cubes (maggi/knorr) as Seasoning
- Salt to taste
Before making the Agidi Jollof
-To do this, blend the tomatoes, peppers and onions. -Pour into a pot to dry out the excess liquid.-Place a pot on heat, add some oil and pour in the tomato puree.
-Fry the stew until it looses its sour taste, then add the soft bone marrows, mashed boneless fish or minced meat and bouillon cubes.
-Cook until the stew is ready, then set aside.
Cooking direction for Agidi Jollof
Boil some water to 100ºc, the water should be very hot and bubbling.
In a clean dry pot dissolve the corn starch with little cold water, and then pour the hot water into the pot until the mixture becomes thick. It should look like Ogi(pap).Stir well to avoid formation of lumps.
Now add the stew to you taste, you can pour it in bit by bit, until you get the color you desire.
Scoop the mixture into a container and leave to cool a bit, and your Agidi Jollof is ready. Enjoy!
By Nky Lily Lete