Chicken Burgers are a healthier alternative to the beef burger and taste really good.
The classic chicken burger is usually prepared with whole chicken fillets and tastes a bit bland inside, probably because the spices only stays on the surface of the chicken and never gets into the white meat. So, I decided to give it a twist.
Here’s my chicken burger, prepared with ground chicken meat, enriched with seasonings and spices . This recipe yields a burger that gives you full enjoyment from the first bite to the last and is always a hit at our luncheon parties. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it too.
For the chicken Burger patties
– 300 g de-boned Chicken(a combination of chicken breast&thighs)
– 1 tablespoonful Crushed Stock cube/seasoning powder(chicken flavor)
– 1/4 tablespoonful dried Thyme or Oregano
– 1/4 tablespoonful Curry powder
– 1/4 tablespoonful black or white pepper
– 1/4 tablespoonful Garlic powder
– 2 tablespoonful minced/ground Onions
– 1 tablespoonful Vegetable oil
– 1 tablespoonful terayaki /soy sauce(optional)
– 1/8 tablespoonful Salt
– 50 grams Bread crumbs(see how to make it at home
– 2 tablespoonful vegetable oil(for grilling the patties)
For assembling the burgers
– 6 Burgers Bread
– Mayonnaise(see how to make it at home)
1. Cut the de-boned chicken parts into tiny bits; place in a blender or mincer and grind until smooth.
2. Place the ground chicken into a wide bowl, add the crushed stock cube, thyme, curry, pepper, garlic powder, minced onions and salt; Mix together.
3. Now, add the vegetable oil and terayaki/soy sauce(if using), mix well and also add the bread crumbs.
Mix thoroughly until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
4. Using a spoon, scoop up the seasoned ground chicken, form a ball and flatten it to form a patty(flat burger meat). Then place on a foil paper or baking sheet.
Repeat this process for the remaining ground meat.
Tip: wet your hands first before handling the ground chicken, because it can be really sticky.
5. Leave to rest in the fridge for 1 hour, so that it can firm up a bit, but this is an optional step.
6. Wash and slice the tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce and set aside.
7. Heat up a little oil on a pan until hot and place the patties in the pan.
Cook each side for about 5 minutes, then flip over and cook the other side until done.
8. Brown the burger bread on a hot pan, spread the mayonnaise and ketchup on it, and finally assemble the Chicken burgers with the vegetables and patties.
Serve and enjoy ☺!
Here’s how to make Beef Burger patties in a pan.
Wow that’s awesome
Tnx nky… but how i do get burger bread. Also I searched for milkshake and egg nog recipes , but couldn't find it.
Recipes Coming soon dearie.
Pls how can I prepare chapman for commercial for busines purposes thanks love your shawarma recipe
You can find the recipe by clicking on '' see more Nigerian food recipes'' above the page.
Hi nice blog, d apple cake I make using ur recipe was lovely. Want to try d Burger but dnt knw where to get a burger bread. Can I use any round bread?
Yes dear, you can make use of any round bread 🙂
Nice one .Would like to have more of your recipes.
thanks u can subscribe for more recipes.
i just stumbled on this blog today in the course of looking for how to prepare chapman. and wow!!!this is breath taking…baking mode activated!
Welcome to the blog Ivory, good to have you here 🙂
Thanks for the recipe,do you boil the chicken before you blend,?
No dearie, you don't need to boil the de-boned chicken before blending.
oh wow, this looks and sounds delicious, thanks for sharing this recipe.Simon
You're welcome Simon.
Nice one lily,looks yummylicious wish I can have some right now.
Thanks Chioma dear.I hope you prepare it and send me your feedback.Love hearing from you 🙂
Thanks for sharing Nky! Trust this would be helpful. I will experiment with the tips this weekend. Tried ordering pizza from hellofood, this is cool. Wondering if you have somethings lined up for us this Xmas?
You're welcome dearie.I'm sure your order at Hellofood was a success.And you bet I have some xmas specials, so stay tuned 🙂
Yea, the order was a success. Can't wait for the Xmas specials.
Nky you have come again with ur delish recipes, am definitely trying this…. Thanks so much for this deliciously looking food. Love u loads.
Love ya too MummyAngel :)I'll be expecting your feedback hun.
I haven't had chance to try it out all this while, so I made it today n it turned out perfect n my hubby loved it, thanks to u dear, u r indeed a blessing to people like me.
Thanks for your lovely comment Sweetie, you inspire me to do more 🙂
Just what I need now. I'm at the office and hungry like crazy, maybe I will try out the hellofood people and see how it goes. I just hope they will get my food fast because this stomach is rumbling.
Hi Opeyemi, I'm sure they will.I'll be expecting your feedback 🙂
I just ran out of mayonnaise. I like my burgers with a lot of mayonnaise. Can it be made from scratch? I need to make it at the villa and I can't get a good one there.
Hiya, the mayonnaise used here was homemade, I'll be uploading the recipe tomorrow.
Here how to make mayonnaise at home http://www.nigerianfoodtv.com/2014/11/homemade-mayonnaise-how-to-make.html
looks really good and inviting.welldone aunty Nky. plz where can i get bread crumb and can it be done @home and how can it be done?
Hi dearie, here's how to make breadcrumbs at home https://www.nigerianfoodtv.com/2014/06/how-to-make-breadcrumbs-at-home.html
Looks really inviting. I love chicken burgers a lot.
Thanks Uju dear, I love them too 🙂
Great! Thanks for this. Reminds me of my spicy chicken & ham sandwich. I should write a post about that soon on my blog. BTW I love that your dishes are always well presented and garnished with lots of colors. Makes me keep coming back for more.
Good to have you here sisi, and thanks for the lovely comment 🙂