Chicken Burgers are a healthier alternative to the beef burger and taste really good.
The classic chicken burger is usually prepared with whole chicken fillets and tastes a bit bland inside, probably because the spices only stays on the surface of the chicken and never gets into the white meat. So, I decided to give it a twist.
Here’s my chicken burger, prepared with ground chicken meat, enriched with seasonings and spices . This recipe yields a burger that gives you full enjoyment from the first bite to the last and is always a hit at our luncheon parties. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it too.
For the chicken Burger patties
– 300 g de-boned Chicken(a combination of chicken breast&thighs)
– 1 tablespoonful Crushed Stock cube/seasoning powder(chicken flavor)
– 1/4 tablespoonful dried Thyme or Oregano
– 1/4 tablespoonful Curry powder
– 1/4 tablespoonful black or white pepper
– 1/4 tablespoonful Garlic powder
– 2 tablespoonful minced/ground Onions
– 1 tablespoonful Vegetable oil
– 1 tablespoonful terayaki /soy sauce(optional)
– 1/8 tablespoonful Salt
– 50 grams Bread crumbs(see how to make it at home
– 2 tablespoonful vegetable oil(for grilling the patties)
For assembling the burgers
– 6 Burgers Bread
– Mayonnaise(see how to make it at home)
1. Cut the de-boned chicken parts into tiny bits; place in a blender or mincer and grind until smooth.
2. Place the ground chicken into a wide bowl, add the crushed stock cube, thyme, curry, pepper, garlic powder, minced onions and salt; Mix together.
3. Now, add the vegetable oil and terayaki/soy sauce(if using), mix well and also add the bread crumbs.
Mix thoroughly until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
4. Using a spoon, scoop up the seasoned ground chicken, form a ball and flatten it to form a patty(flat burger meat). Then place on a foil paper or baking sheet.
Repeat this process for the remaining ground meat.
Tip: wet your hands first before handling the ground chicken, because it can be really sticky.
5. Leave to rest in the fridge for 1 hour, so that it can firm up a bit, but this is an optional step.
6. Wash and slice the tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce and set aside.
7. Heat up a little oil on a pan until hot and place the patties in the pan.
Cook each side for about 5 minutes, then flip over and cook the other side until done.
8. Brown the burger bread on a hot pan, spread the mayonnaise and ketchup on it, and finally assemble the Chicken burgers with the vegetables and patties.
Serve and enjoy ☺!