It is not the same thing as the regular Chinese egg roll which is elongated and looks more like spring rolls.
The Nigerian egg roll gets its circular shape from the boiled egg used in making it. Here’s an easy recipe for you…Enjoy!
Nigerian Egg Roll Recipe :* 3-5 hard boiled eggs(depending on how flat you roll you dough)* 150 grams plain flour* 50 grams sugar* 1/2 levelled teaspoon baking powder* 50 grams margarine* About 50 ml cool water(more or less)* A pinch of salt* vegetable oil, for deep frying
Nigerian Egg Roll making directions:
1. In a wide bowl, add the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder, mix thoroughly.
2. Add the margarine and mix well until the mixture looks like bread crumbs. Add a little water and continue mixing until you get a sticky dough, but not watery.
3. Sprinkle some flour on a flat table and place the dough on the it. Knead the dough and add more flour if the dough is too sticky.
4. Now, cut out a bit and roll out with a rolling pin. Place a boiled egg on the flat dough and wrap the egg with the dough. Cut out any excess dough and roll the egg roll with your palm until smooth.Repeat the process for the remaining eggs, then set aside for 5 minutes and leave to rest a bit.
5. Heat up the oil on medium heat and transfer the rolled eggs into the hot oil.
Tip: If your rolled egg resulted bigger than mine, you’ll have to reduce the heat after placing the eggs in the hot oil, so that the inside will cook well.
Fry until lightly brown. And your egg rolls are ready.
Nigerian Egg roll is a tasty snack and can be enjoyed both warm and cold, with any drink and beverage of choice.
Other related recipes :
* Nigerian Chin Chin recipe* Nigerian Chicken Pie* Nigerian Sausage Rolls* Nigerian Egg Roll* Nigerian Scotch Eggs* Nigerian Fish Rolls* Nigerian Fish Pie Recipe* Nigerian Meat Pie* Nigerian Buns* Nigerian Puff puff