|Vegetable & Prawn Stir-Fry served with Jollof Rice|
It can also be served alone as a light meal,it’s so easy to prepare and tastes really good. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Stir-fried Vegetables & Prawn
- 1 small bunch Ugwu(fluted pumpkin leaves) or Spinach or Kale or Green amaranth
- A handful fresh prawns (cleaned)
- 1 large Onion
- 1 spoonful ground Crayfish(optional)
- 1 tablespoonful Vegetable Oil
- Fresh pepper to taste(chilli pepper or habanero(atarodo)
- 1 seasoning cube or 1 teaspoon seasoning powder
1. If the prawns aren’t cleaned yet, remove the shell, break off the heads and tails and discard, then peel off the black vein at the back of the prawn, rinse the prawn meat in salted water. And set aside.
2. Wash and slice the vegetables and set aside.
3. Chop the onions and pepper and set aside.
4. Place the oil into a pot, add the chopped onions, pepper , ground crayfish and fresh prawns. Stir fry for a 10 seconds. Tip: the ground crayfish is optional but it gives the mix a sweet aroma and irresistible taste.
5. Add the sliced vegetable and seasoning powder, and stir fry for about 2 minutes or until the vegetable is cooked.
Tip: you can add a little salt if you want to, but remember that the seasoning cube has salt in it, so that you don’t overdo it it.