Mini Sausage Rolls are always a welcome treat at every festive gathering. It is easy to prepare and also classified as a Nigerian Small Chop.
The recipe for the dough is exactly the same as the classic Nigerian Sausage roll recipe, but for the filling, I added some extra spices..just for fun..and it came out DELISH☺.
You might also like the Video recipe on how to make these yummy Mini Sausage Rolls. Enjoy!
Ingredients you’ll need for Mini Sausage Rolls
For the dough
• 250g All purpose Flour
• 1 teaspoonful Baking Powder
• 100g Margarine or melted butter
• ½ teaspoon Salt
• ½ cup Water(or as needed)
• 1 raw egg(for coating the rolls)
For the sausage rolls filling you’ll need
• 200g of minced or ground sausage meat
• ½ teaspoon black pepper
• 1⁄4 teaspoon of onion(optional)… minced onions can also be used
• 1⁄4Garlic powder(optional)… minced onions can also be used
• 1 stock cube or 1 tablespoon full stock powder
In a wide bowl, add the flour, salt and baking powder.Mix well and add the
margarine or melted butter.Mix well until the mixture looks like bread crumbs or
* Gradually, add a little water and continue mixing until you get a non-sticky ,stiff dough.
* Place the dough on a lightly floured table and knead for 5-8 minute until smooth.Then set aside and leave to rest.
*Now, Mince or
grind the sausage meat.Add the spices. Mix thoroughly until well incorporated.Then Set aside for later use
* Break an egg, whisk it and set aside
* Grease or line a baking tray and set aside
Place the dough back on the table; Cut out a bit of the dough and using a rolling pin, roll the dough flat
(but not too thin or flat). Then cut out a rectangular shape,place the spiced sausage meat on the dough and fold the
dough to form a long log.
* Now cut the log into smaller sizes
(depending on the size of the mini sausage rolls you want to achieve).
Place the sausage rolls on
the greased pan and repeat the process for the remaining dough.
Then brush some of the whisked egg on the surface of the rolls; this will give it a glossy look after baking.
*Bake in the Oven at 170º C/ 375 F for 20- 35 minutes or until the Mini sausage rolls are lightly browned.
Tip: the time depends on the heating capacity of your oven. So watch the sausage rolls closely while baking.
Serve and Enjoy.
Mini Sausage Rolls are usually enjoyed with a chilled drink or beverage. I love it with Yogurt.