The combination of beans and corn is a delicious way to eat your beans and get your fiber without sacrificing taste and flavor.
Even though it is traditionally prepared with fresh corn, I'd say that I enjoy it better when prepared with the canned sweet corn .
And for extra richness and nourishment, I serve it with some stir-fried greens. This meal combo was courtesy of my wonderful friend and dietician(Dr.Daisy), who has been helping a lot of people live a healthier and happier life.
**Below is an an easy to follow video recipe on how to prepare Beans&corn Porridge**
Since we already have the Adalu(bean and corn porridge) recipe here, I'll show you how I prepared this rich and delicious accompaniment☺.
For the Stir-fried Green Vegetables you'll need :
- 500 gr spinach/ugwu/ green amaranth(I used a mixture of 2 veggies)
- 1 small Onion bulb, chopped
- 1 vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ground Crayfish(optional)
- 1 Stock cube
- Salt to taste
- Dried or fresh hot pepper, to taste
To prepare the Stir-fried Green Vegetables
1. Wash and dry the vegetable of choice: press the vegetables between clean kitchen towels to dry them thoroughly.
Tip: if the vegetable is wet, it will heat up and become soggy.
2. Slice the vegetables and set aside .
3. Now heat up the oil in a saucepan until very hot; add the chopped onions, peppers and ground crayfish(if using). Stir-fry for about 10 seconds.
Tip: the crayfish gives it a delicious and distinct taste, but you can omit it if you want to.
4. Pour in the sliced vegetables, crush in the stock cube and stir-fry for 1 minute until the vegetable just starts to soften or wilt.
5. Add salt to taste and continue stir-frying for another one minute. Then serve immediately and enjoy.
What do you think about this recipe? Have you tried it before? Please leave a comment ¡cos we like to here from you☺.