|Homemade Spring Roll wrappers( lumpia wrappers/popiah skins)|
How to make springroll wraps at home
Homemade Spring Roll wrappers/ Lumpia wrappers are usually healthier than store bought spring roll wrappers because you know what goes into it and it has no chemical preservatives..and another good thing is that it’s not so difficult to make..once you get the hang of it 🙂 .
There are actually 3 methods(the smear method, the brush method and the crepe method) but the smear method is the original method used by Asians and that’s what I’ll be showing you below.Homemade Spring Roll wrappers/sheets ingredients:–
Makes about 25+ wrappers
– About 150 ml water- 300 grams all purpose flour- 2 tablespoonfuls Corn Flour(corn starch)OR potato flour OR tapioca flour- Half teaspoon salt
1 . Mix all the dry ingredients together.
2 . Add the water bit by bit as you mix the batter.
3 . Mix thoroughly until you get a stretchy batter. Then knead the batter by lifting it up and slamming it back on the bowl .
Do this repeatedly until the batter is really stretchy, then cover and keep in the fridge for 2 -3 hours 4. After 2-3hours, the batter would be a bit solid but still stretchy.
Now heat up a non-stick pan and reduce the heat to low; then scoop up the batter in your palm.
Quickly Make a thin circular smear on the pan.
5. As the sides of the sheets begin to pop up, lift it up and place on a plate and cover with a damp towel.
Repeat the process for the remaining batter.
6. Here you have it. Enjoy
– As the batter is used up, it will begin to make smaller wrappers, but by then, you already have enough for your spring rolls
– If the spring roll wrapper is too light for your liking, you can double it and use as desired.
You might also like this recipes
* How to make Spring rolls
* Samosa recipe
* Homemade Samosa Wrappers
* Asun (grilled peppered spicy goat meat)
* Gizdodo/Dodo Gizzards (Plantains&Gizzards)
* Homemade Wonton Wrappers (Homemade Dumpling Wrappers / Asian Egg Roll wrappers)
By Nky Lily Lete