Spinach-Sweet Corn and Beef Noodles
Early this morning, while rummaging through my files, I realized that I had several of our favorite instant noodles recipes in drafts.
I had planned to share this easy-peasy noodles recipe a year ago, but life just happened and I couldn’t take a decent photo to go with it, but today, I’m glad to finally share our Spinach-Sweet Corn and Beef recipe it with you.
Trust me, your friends/family will be asking for more… I just finished this bowl and going to scrape the bottom pot after typing–Lol ☺.
Ingredients for Spinach Sweet Corn and Beef Noodles
- 2 packets instant/ indomie noodles (or any pasta of choice,but see tips below ingredient list)
- 100 grams boiled Beef(cut into strips)
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil(optional)
- 1-2 handful Sweet corn (from the can)
- 3 handful sliced Spinach/Ugwu Or any leafy green vegetable of choice
- 1 Large stock cube(if you don’t like using the seasoning that comes in the indomie noodles packet)
* If you’re making use of any other pasta, you’ll have to spice it up with a little hot pepper, curry, garlic, ginger, thyme and stock cube.
* If you’re using raw beef, cut it into thin strips, mix with half of the indomie spice or stock cube, then stir fry in a pan, with oil and pour in at step 2 below.
*You can also use beef or chicken stock in place of water
* Feel free to add more green vegetables if you like to .
–By the way, the indomie chicken flavour is our favorite ☺–
1. Break noodles and place in about 300 ml boiling water. Leave to simmer for 3 minutes, then add vegetable oil and the boiled/stir-fried beef strips.
TIP: To reduce the saturated fat content in the noodles you can decant the first water(just like parboiling) and pour in a fresh boiling water before adding the vegetable oil and the boiled/stir-fried beef strips.)
2. Also add the indomie seasoning mix(or stock cube), the sliced spinach and the sweet corn, mix well and leave to simmer for 2 minutes or until water has evaporated.