|Nigerian jollof Rice and Beans|
Nigerian Rice and Beans is a meal that is prepared by combining rice and beans together. This is a favorite way of enjoying the richness of both foods.
You can choose to prepare it plain or as jollof.
For those who find it less appealing, eating cooked beans alone, the combination of these two meals will surely delight your taste buds.
Here's an easy recipe for you ...Enjoy!
Nigerian Rice and beans ingredients
* 500 grams Rice
* 250 grams black eyed beans
* 5 cooking spoonful tomato stew/fish stew/chicken stew /beef stew
* 1 chopped medium sized onion
* 2 tablespoonful of ground crayfish
* 1 stock cube/bouillon cube
* Meat/chicken stock(optional), you can use water and extra seasoning
* Pepper to taste
* Salt to taste
Cooking directions for Nigerian Rice and Beans
*To cut down cooking time,wash and soak the beans for about 3 hours. Pour out the water, rinse the beans in clean water and place in a pot.
* Pour enough water to cover the beans and leave to boil until the beans is tender, but not mushy(you can add a little baking soda or akawun, while boiling the beans to cook it faster).
*Parboil the rice using this method on How to parboil Rice and set aside.
*In a larger pot, add the stew and meat/chicken stock(or water) and leave to boil.Then add the parboiled Rice and cooked beans, ground crayfish,stock cubes, pepper and salt to taste.
*Mix well and add enough water if the liquid in the pot is not as the same level as the rice and beans.Cover the pot and leave to cook on medium heat until there is no more liquid in the pot.
*Take off the lid, stir thoroughly and serve hot with fried plantains, chicken, fish, turkey, beef or any meat of choice.
Nigerian Rice and Beans is usually enjoyed with a chilled drink.
Thanks for your comments and feedbacks. Do join us on Nigerian Food TV channel and Facebook for step by step video recipes ☺.
|Nigerian Rice and Beans|
* All Rice Recipes
* How to cook Nigerian Fried Rice
* Nigerian Egg Fried Rice
* How to Cook Nigerian Coconut Rice
* Nigerian Rice and Beans
* How to Parboil long grain white Rice(Nigerian method)
* Jollof Rice : How to Cook Nigerian Party Jollof Rice
Please leave your comments, doubts, questions and success stories below
By Nky Lily Lete