|Homemade Burger in a Pan (Patties made from scratch)|
I love homemade burgers because they are free of preservatives and other not-so-healthy stuff you get in store-bought Burgers.
The basic ingredient for Homemade burgers is the Meat. This meat could be Beef, Chicken, Pork, Lamb or Turkey meat.But whatever meat you choose, make sure that it has some fat in it, not too much, just 85% meat and 15% fat.
So enough of the talk..let's get cooking.Here's a video recipe on How to Make Homemade Burger in a Pan (Patties made from scratch)
Ingredients for Homemade Burger
For the burger patties
* 200 minced meat(beef, pork, lamb,chicken,turkey)
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder/onion powder
* 1 tablespoon thyme/parsley or any other herb
* 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
* 1 tablespoon soy sauce(optional)
* 1 tablespoon Maggi liquid seasoning(optional)
* 1 Stock cube
* 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
For dressing the Burger
* 4 burger breads(cut into halves)
* 4 large Lettuce leaves
* 2 large tomatoes (cut into rounds/circles)
* 1 medium sizes onion bulb(cut into rounds/circles)
* Mayonnaise or any other cream of choice
* Ketchup (if you desire)
*Mustard (if you desire)
Preparation for Homemade Burger in a Pan
*Clean and cut the lettuce, tomatoes and onions
* Mince/grind the meat with a blender, if you have not done that already.
* Place the meat in a bowl and add the garlic powder, stock cubes, sauces, black pepper and salt.Mix thoroughly.First with a spoon and then with your hands;this helps to get all the ingredients into the meat.
* Now, take some of the meat, form a ball with your hands and flatten it. If you want a thicker burger/patty, form a bigger ball, but don't make it too flat.
*Using a circular cutter, cut out the meat;make sure that the cutter is a bit wider than the bread you'll be using for your burger, because the meat will shrink a bit when placed on heat.
*Now place the circular shaped burger patties on a flat surface and with the back of a spoon, make a slight depression in the center of the meat.This helps to keep the burger patty in shape when placed on heat.
*Place a dry pan on heat and toast the inner surface on the burger bread(just to dry it a bit to enable easy spreading of the creams).
*Take of the bread and grease the pan; you can add a little more oil to the pan, if you desire.
*Heat up the pan until its very hot and then place the burger patty on it.
*Leave the meat to cook on one side for 3 to 5 minutes before flipping over; don't make the mistake of pressing down on the meat, this will suck out all the ''juiciness'' from the meat.
As the meat cooks, you can rub any of your favorite sauces on it, but this is optional.
After cooking both sides of the meat, transfer to a plate and assemble the burgers
*Spread some mayonnaise on the bread, place the lettuce, tomatoes, onions, burger meat (patty) and cover with the other bread.
You can top up the burger with ketchup, mustard or any of your favorite creams
Serve and Enjoy with fried Potato chips.
*Click to see our chicken burger recipe here*
Other related recipes :
* Nigerian Chin Chin recipe
* Nigerian Chicken Pie
* Nigerian Sausage Rolls
* Nigerian Egg Roll
* Nigerian Scotch Eggs
* Nigerian Fish Rolls
* Nigerian Fish Pie Recipe
* Nigerian Meat Pie
* Nigerian Buns
* Nigerian Puff puff
* Nigerian Plantain Mosa
* Nigerian Samosa recipe
* Crunchy Plantain Chips
* Nigerian Spring Rolls
* Nigerian Donuts (Nigerian Doughnuts)
* Nigerian Akara
* Kokoro : Crunchy Nigerian Snack
* Homemade Burger in a Pan (Patties made from scratch)
* Nigerian Plantain Mosa
* Fried Plantains
by Nky Lily Lete