|Orange Juice Cake (Orange Cake)|
I bet you’ll agree with me that with hundreds of delicious cake recipes out there, it is almost impossible to have just ONE favorite cake recipe. And even when you thought you have finally found your ”go-to” recipe, you suddenly discover another one that also becomes a keeper. That was exactly what happened to me when I came across this Orange juice cake(orange cake).
I found myself repeating it so often that, as the aromatic smell of the orange cake filled the house, I wondered what took me so long in sharing this recipe with you. Well, no more delays, here’s my favorite Orange juice cake recipe, and hope you enjoy it.
++Orange juice recipe adapted from”Libro de Recetas de Tarta Tradicionales”++
For the Cake
- 375 gr Flour
- 250 gr Sugar
- 100 gr Butter(softened)
- 3 Eggs
- 16gr Baking powder (2 tablespoons)
- 60 ml Milk
- 125 ml Fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Orange peel (use a grater to peel the orange skin)
For the Orange juice syrup:
- 200 gr Sugar
- 150 ml Orange juice
- 80 ml Water
a. You can replace one of the eggs with plain yogurt, if you want to give it an extra boost.
b. The orange juice syrup is optional but makes the cake really moist.
1. Preheat the oven to 180º C and grease the cake pan lightly with butter and dust with flour.
2. Beat the softened butter and sugar together until creamy.
3. Now add the eggs, one at a time. Then add the orange juice and milk. Mix together and add the orange peel.
4. Gradually sift in the flour and baking powder and mix together until well incorporated.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan and bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick dipped into the cake, comes out clean.
Tip: the dipper the cake pan the longer it will take to be done.
Take the cake out of the oven, leave to cool for 5 minutes, then turn over onto a rack and go ahead and prepare the orange juice syrup.
To make the Orange cake syrup:
- Mix the water, orange juice and sugar in a saucepan.
- Heat up on low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Simmer for 3 minutes and put off the heat.
- Finally poke the top of the cake with a tooth pick and pour the hot syrup over the hot cake. Leave to sit on the table for 20 minutes (so that the cake can absorb the orange syrup and cool completely).
- Then serve and Enjoy.
To make this tube shaped cake without a tube pan, simply grease the body of an empty peak milk or derica can, fill it with stones, beans or sand., then seal the top and place it in the center of a round baking pan
(just as I did in the picture in step 5 above)
When the cake cools, gently remove the can and what you have is a tubed shaped cake….Easy Right?
See more cake recipes