Banana Pancakes are irresistible and loved by all.
Kids love it. Adults enjoy it, and so would you.
It is one of the fun ways to use up over ripe bananas and quite easy to make.
Here’s how to prepare it.
Ingredients for Banana Pancakes
Makes about 10+ pancakes
– 2 Ripe/overipe Bananas
– 200 gr Plain Flour or Wheat flour
– 2 raw Eggs
– 2 to 3 tablespoonful evaporated milk or powdered milk or condensed milk
– 1 to 2 Tablespoonful Sugar
– A pinch of Salt
– 150ml Water (more or less)
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder or baking soda(optional but it makes the pancake fluffy)
– 2 to 3 tablespoonful vegetable oil (for greasing the pan)
Tip: you can substitute the water in the recipe for whole milk.If using whole milk, you don’t need the evaporated milk.
1. Mash or blend the bananas until smooth.
2. Break the eggs into a wide bowl,add the milk,sugar, salt and mashed or blended bananas and mix together.
3. Gradually sift in the baking soda and flour and keep on whisking. The mixture would begin to thicken and look lumpy.
4. Add the water and continue stirring until the pancake batter is smooth with a runny consistency.
Leave the batter to rest for 15 minutes.
Tip: the lighter you make the batter, the thinner the banana pancakes will turn out.
* Pour a little oil on a pan, enough to grease the pan; spread the oil with a brush to grease the whole surface and heat up until hot.
Tip: A non-stick pan is highly recommended for this.
* Using a deep spoon, scoop up some of the pancake batter and pour into the hot pan.
Gently tilt the pan, so that the batter can coat the whole surface of the pan.
* Cook the Pancake (on low heat) for a few seconds;flip over and cook the other side.
Repeat this process for the remaining banana pancake batter, but remember to Always grease the pan before use.
Serve and Enjoy!
Banana Pancake can be served as a snack or for breakfast with a beverage, a fruit smoothie or a refreshing drink.
Other Pancake Recipes you’ll enjoy:
* Nigerian Pancake recipe
* Plantain Pancake recipe
Thanks very much
Absolutely good and yummy ?
This is so lovely
Thank you so much Jasmine
I would like to make this for someone who is gluten free. Could I substitute almond or coconut flour?
Hi Maureen, Yes you can substitute almond or coconut flour.
You can also make use of oat flour
Banana pancakes taste really good with these gluteen free flours too 🙂
This is a good news. Is oat flour derived from making the normal oats into powder or is there special oat flour?
Hi Omotayo, it’s just grinding
the normal everyday raw oats.
Nessythanks for page like this it so inspiring may God continue to bless u strengthen n grant more wisdom of creativity. pls, i need recipe for banana cake
well done pls i need recipe for banana cake
U are too much. Am overwhelmed by this. God bless you abundantly
this is delicious.a million blessings to you for this.te quiero mucho. Catherine Vincent.
Thanks for making my today's breakfast a different thing. Thankx for the delicious breakfast that i just made for my family. God bless you. It has been long, hope you are great today.
Hi Nky am amazed with what I see u do with your hands, your family is blessed. I have added to what I know already. Meanwhile, I want to venture into commercial bread business, I want to start small due to fund, could u recommend where I can buy locally made oven with charcoal and fairly used industrial mixer? Do u also know those who specialises in building brick mold ovens? your response will help a lot. vivien
Hi nky,God bless you for this recipe, quick question, can I substitute evaporated milk for almond? Thanks for swift response
Yes you can Hope 🙂
i cant express how happy i am now dont ve to worry on what to cook
Nikky great job I must say but please show us pix of how its done,that will b more explanatory for those of us who can't watch the video
Hi dear, the step by step picture is the same as in Plantain Pancake recipe
Sum of d recipes in ur blog arent taught in most catering schools.thank u xo much 4ur efforts.u r lyk JESUS,who gave all e had n took notin in return.GOD BLESS U AND UR FAMILY
Thanks for your lovely comment dearie, I really appreciate it, but I refuse to be compared with JESUS, because no one can pay the debt that he paid for us, his children.God bless you and your's too 🙂
You are a blessing to some of us
Aww Thanks 🙂
Yummy. Keep it up
Thanks, I sure will 🙂
So ,so loving all your recipes, keep it up Girl.
Thanks Hun 🙂