|Sugar Coated Peanuts/Groundnuts|
Sugar coated peanuts are always a welcomed snack anytime; at get-togethers, birthday parties and also as a snack gift for friends and family.
I love to make these sugar coated peanuts on festive periods and give as gifts to my family, friends and neighbors; and they love it.
Here’s how you can make these yummy snack. You can also use this recipe for any other nuts.
Sugar coated Peanuts/Groundnuts recipe:* 2 Cups Peanuts/Groundnuts(Roasted with coat removed but red/brown skin on) * 1 cup granulated sugar(white or brown)* 34 cup water* 12 teaspoonful Pink/Red food coloring(optional)
….it wasn’t used in my video but if you want to give yours a color boost please feel free :-D.
* In a pot, Pour in the sugar , water , peanuts and the coloring (if you’re using any)
; mix all with a wooden spoon and be sure the nuts are well coated with the sugar mix and set to boil on medium heat.Stirring constantly
Tip: The skin on the peanuts, helps the sugar to attach firmly on the nuts.
* When the sugar and water mix begins to dry up reduce the heat and keep on stirring.
* When the sugar mixture begin to feel grainy or look like wet sand on the wooden spoon, put off the heat, mix thoroughly and pour out QUICKLY on a baking tray before the mixture turns to caramel and begins to burn.
Then spread it out on the tray.
Tip: If you don’t do that, the nut would harden .
* The nuts will harden a little more as it cools.
Now enjoy and share with friends !
Other related recipes :
* Nigerian Chin Chin recipe* Nigerian Chicken Pie* Nigerian Sausage Rolls* Nigerian Egg Roll* Nigerian Scotch Eggs* Nigerian Fish Rolls* Nigerian Fish Pie Recipe* Nigerian Meat Pie* Nigerian Buns* Nigerian Puff puff
By Nky Lily Lete