|Vanilla ice cream with nut sprinkles|
Ice Cream Without an Ice Cream Maker? Yes you read it right!
Ice cream is one of my family’s favorite treats and like most of my favorite meals, I love preparing mine at home, and yes! without an ice cream maker.
All you need for this ice cream are 2 ingredients and your flavor of choice.
– 1 can (14 ounces or 396grams) Sweetened Condensed milk.
– 2 cups(500ml) cold Whipping cream or heavy cream
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract OR 1 vanilla bean
Tip: for chocolate ice cream, you can use 1 tablet of melted chocolate.
For Strawberry and Banana taste, make use of the fresh fruits or any extract or flavor made from the fruits.
Freeze the pan before use and make sure that the other ingredients are cold.
1. In a bowl,whisk together condensed milk and vanilla extract or whatever flavor you want to use.
(if using chocolate, melt it and add into the condensed milk and whisk together)
2. Pour the cold whipping cream or heavy cream in another bowl (a large one),and beat/whip the cream for 3 minutes, on high speed using an electric mixer/whisk
Beat the cream until it forms a stiff peak(just like in the pic below)
3. Now combine the whipped cream and
the condensed milk together.
Mix well and pour into an airtight container, cover, and store in freezer for at
least 6-8 hours or until it is firm(I used a frozen loaf pan).
Take out of the freezer , serve and enjoy!
PS: If you live in Nigeria, you can get the whippig cream/heavy cream at major supermarkets (Shoprite,Park ‘n’ Shop etc)
|Ice cream in a loaf pan|
Thanks for your comments. Do join us on Nigerian Food TV channel for step by step video recipes☺.