Nigerian Christmas is usually celebrated in style.
With lots of delicious and tasty home cooked meals;
Family and friends from far and wide laughing out loud , reminiscing old memories, catching up on the latest gist; and of course the big mamas exchanging contact info for wifey/husband material ☺.
And of course, kids chewing on yummy goodies and either watching an Xmas movie or running around while their moms’ chase after them, with a ‘‘Don’t embarass me” look on their faces (okay maybe that was just my mom…lol)
Aww such a lovely scenario– this is the perfect time to try out all those recipes you have pinned, bookmarked and jotted out somewhere on your notepad.
Here’s a list of meals, snacks and sweets you can prepare for your family this christmas; It is mostly the classic meals but with lots of additional specials. Enjoy and cook up some joy.
You can also click here for videos of all these yummy Nigerian Christmas Recipes.
*Easy Fruit Cake (Christmas special) This is surely a crowd pleaser and should have a special place on your christmas table .
* Gizdodo recipe (Gizzards and Plantains)
* How to make Mayonnaise at home
* Nigerian Grilled Fish Recipe
* Veggie&Prawn stir-fry for Jollof Rice
*Jollof Spaghetti – Spaghetti Jollof with vegetables
* How to Make / Extract Coconut Milk
* Moi Moi
* Asun Recipe ( grilled peppered goat meat)
* How to Boil ”Non-soggy” White Rice for Nigerian Stews and Sauces
* How to Parboil long grain white Rice(Nigerian method)
* Coconut Curry Sauce (gravy) with Chicken &Vegetables
* Nigerian Cake (original recipe)
* Nigerian Fresh Fish Stew (Obe Eja Tutu)
* Nigerian Tomato Stew (Vegan Stew)
* Obe Ata Dindin : Nigerian Fried Pepper Stew
* Homemade Spring Roll wrappers
* Egusi Soup With Fresh Fish & Vegetables
* Catfish Pepper Soup (point&kill)
* Nigerian Goat Meat Pepper Soup
* Nigerian Assorted Meat Pepper Soup
* Sugar Coated Peanuts/Groundnuts
* Yamarita | Dun Dun Oniyeri (Egg battered Yam fries)
* Zobo Drink: How to make Zobo (Zoborodo
* Homemade Flour Tortilla (Shawarma Bread /Shawarma Wrap)
* Nigerian Donuts (Nigerian Doughnuts)
* Peanut Cookies (groundnut biscuits) with Homemade Peanut/Groundnut Butter
* Homemade Shortbread Recipe (3-ingredients only
Merry Xmas and a prosperous New Year and while you enjoy, please don’t forget to give to the needy this Christmas, a little really goes a long way ☺.
Thanks Oge Amaka 🙂
Chicken curry is famous worldwide. It is one of the most served Indian non-veg food in western countries. restaurant listings
do u have any christmas recipies
Lily, you are overly too much! I was overwhelmed surfing yur site. Am a natural kitchen freak and you have just sharpened my skills. I love you to the moon and back. E-hugs. Twin Boys' Mom
Aww dearie, I'm so glad you loved the website, hope you stick around and try out some of the recipes.Good to have you here.
Merry christmas to u too