Vegetable Frittata in a Sandwich Maker
Frittata is a rich meal, similar to omelet and originally prepared in the oven or on stove-top.
But ever since I re-discovered my sandwich maker, I have been experimenting with a lot of recipes and loving this little gadget, even more.
Today I’ll show you how to make an easy vegetable frittata in a sandwich maker. You can also check out our popular post on ”How to Make Cake in a Sandwich Maker’‘… you’ll love it.
– 2 to 3 Eggs
– 3 tablespoon chopped Onions
– 2 tablespoon chopped Green bell peppers
– 2 tablespoon chopped Tomatoes
– Chili pepper to taste
– 1 small seasoning cube
– 2 tablespoonful Vegetable 0il or melted Butter
– You can add salt to taste, but if your seasoning cube is salty, you can leave it out.
– You can also add cooked ground chicken, boiled mushrooms, cheese , sausage meat and the likes.
1. If you haven’t done this yet;
Wash and chop the onions, green bell peppers and tomatoes and set aside.
2. Break the eggs into a small bowl; crush and add the seasoning cube, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil or melted butter, chili pepper to taste and whisk thoroughly until fluffy.
Then add the chopped vegetables(onions, peppers and tomatoes) and also mix well.
3. Now grease the Sandwich maker(sandwich toaster) with a little oil/butter and heat it up for 3 minutes.
Then scoop in the egg mixture into the Sandwich maker wells(holes). Close the Sandwich maker and let it cook for 2 minutes.
4. Carefully lift up the cooked frittata from the Sandwich maker wells.
Tip: I like to use a skewer to lift up the sides, this prevents it from breaking and also gives you the perfect triangle shape.
Finally serve and enjoy.
Remember to check out our popular post on ”How to Make Cake in a Sandwich Maker’‘.
We love your comments and feedback 🙂