|Nigerian Scotch Eggs..delicious|
Nigerian Scotch Egg is the Scottish version of the scotch egg, with a little twist.
It has become a very popular snack in Nigeria and can be found at almost all fast food restaurants or eateries and are simply delicious. The Nigerian Scotch egg is surprisinglyso easy to make, that you’ll never have to go to an eatery anytime you need one.Here’s how to prepare it.Click here for a video recipe on how to make the Nigerian Scotch eggs
Nigerian Scotch Egg Recipe :– 3 hard boiled eggs- 200g minced sausage meat(use Satis meat if you are in Nigeria)(I minced my sausage meat with onions, but don’t do that if this is your first time)- 1/2 teaspoon stock powder/stock cube- A pinch of nutmeg- A pinch of salt- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper- 50 grams plain flour,- 1 raw egg, beaten- 50 grams breadcrumbs (click to see how to make breadcrumbs)- vegetable oil, for deep fryingNigerian Scotch Egg preparation:
- a. Mince or grind the sausage meat, if you haven’t done that already
- b. Boil the eggs , peel of the shell and set aside
- c. Break the raw egg, whisk it and set aside
1. Place the minced sausage meat into a bowl;add the stock powder, nutmeg, black pepper and salt. Mix thoroughly until all the ingredients are well incorporated . 2. Now take some of the meat and flatten it on your palm.
Roll the hard boiled egg on the flour and then place it on the flattened meat on your other palm.
Roll the meat over the egg , until the egg is completely covered with the sausage meat.
3. Next, deep the meat covered egg into the raw egg, making sure that the meat covered egg is covered with the raw egg.4. Then transfer the meat-covered-egg into the bowl with the breadcrumbs and roll the egg in it, until the egg is completely covered with the bread crumbs.Repeat the process for the remaining eggs and set aside.5. Now, heat up the vegetable oil on medium heat and and fry the scotch eggs until brown.
Then transfer unto a sieve lined with paper towelsServe and enjoy your Nigerian Scotch egg with your favorite beverage or drinks. Enjoy!
Other related recipes :
* Nigerian Chin Chin recipe* Nigerian Chicken Pie* Nigerian Sausage Rolls* Nigerian Egg Roll* Nigerian Scotch Eggs* Nigerian Fish Rolls* Nigerian Fish Pie Recipe* Nigerian Meat Pie* Nigerian Buns* Nigerian Puff puff
By Nky Lily Lete