Homemade Shortbread recipe (just as Mcvities & Walkers does it)
Shortbread Fingers are one of my favorite biscuits.
As a teen, I used to indulge a lot on the Walkers and McVities Shortbread brand and loved to have it with a hot beverage, but a few years back, I found a recipe that worked perfectly for me, and now the whole family just can’t have enough. Although the traditional recipe calls for only 3 ingredients, I like to add one extra ingredient which makes the ”already rich shortbread” even richer and also takes the taste to another level.
Here’s how I prepare mine.
Ingredients for Shortbread
– 150 grams Plain Flour or Fine Wheat flour- 100 grams Butter (not margarine)- 50 grams Icing sugar (powdered sugar)- 2 tablespoonful Powdered Milk (optional, but makes it extra rich and creamy)Tip: you can add about 3 tablespoonful of Corn flour or rice flour if you want to get a grainy texture.Also Remember that the powdered milk in this recipe is optional, so feel free to leave it out if you want to.
If you don’t have icing sugar, you can make use of finely ground granulated sugar.
|This is the butter I used (oldenburger),it’s sold at big supermarkets|
1. Mix the butter and icing sugar together until creamy.2. Sieve the plain flour + powdered milk(or the corn flour or rice flour) into the bowl and mix thoroughly until well incorporated.3. Form a ball with the dough and leave to rest in the fridge or in a cool place for 30 minutes.
4. Now, preheat the oven at 170ºC /325ºF for about 5 minutes.
Then Place the dough on a
table and roll it out to 3/4 inch thick width, then cut into 2cm by
10cm shortbread fingers or shapes and gently transfer unto a baking
5. Using a toothpick, make indents on the shortbread fingers.
6. And finally, place the tray into the preheated oven and bake at 170ºC /325ºF for 10- 12 minutes or until firm, but not brown.Tip: shortbread should not be browned but should have a cream color.
7. Leave to cool completely, Serve and Enjoy!
Thanks for your comments. Do join us on Nigerian Food TV channel for step by step video recipes ☺.
<<You might be interested in:
*How to make Icing sugar at home
* Easy Multi-Colour Polka Dots Fondant Cake for Beginners
* How to make Fondant from scratch
* How to Color Fondant for Cake Decorating
* How to Make Butter Icing (buttercream icing)
* How to cover a cake with Fondant
* Nigerian Cake Recipe
* Apple cake recipe
* Banana cake recipe
* How to make Cake in a Sandwich Toaster