Obe Ata Dindin (Buka Stew)..Fried Pepper Stew
Obe Ata Dindin(Buka stew) is a Nigerian Fried pepper stew,very common in restaurants and local food kiosks.
It is a spicy ,savory stew made with tomatoes, hot peppers and spices.
If you are longing for that Buka or mamaput style pepper stew, here's the Obe Ata Dindin stew recipe for you..Enjoy!
Obe Ata Dindin ( Buka Stew ) ingredients:
*10 whole tomatoes
*4 scotch bonnets/atarodo
*100ml Palm oil
*2 medium-sized onions
*1 teaspoon garlic powder or A garlic clove
*500grams of assorted meat(beef,shaki(tripe),ponmo)
*2 tablespoonful ground crayfish(optional)
*4 hard boiled eggs(optional)
*Salt to taste
* 1 stock cube or any seasoning of choice
Direction for cooking Buka Stew/ Obe ata dindin :
Before you start with the Obe ata stew:
*Cook or boil the meat you would be using and Set aside for later use
*If you want to add eggs, then also boil them beforehand, peel of the shell and set aside.
Now to prepare this Buka stew
* Add the pepper, tomatoes and one onion in a blender and blend(you can also make use of canned stewed tomatoes if you don't have fresh tomatoes)...make sure to add little water as you blend, but if you end up with a watery mixture, simply add it to a pot and boil to remove excess liquid.
* Next, place a pot on medium heat , pour in the Palm oil , heat it up until is very hot(but not smoking), then add the meat and fry until dry. Then take them out and set aside.
* Now add an onion(shredded) into the hot oil, fry a bit and then add the blended tomato & pepper mix. Cook until the mixture loses its sour taste, or until you begin to see the oil rise to the top.
* Next , add the garlic powder, bouillon cubes (maggi /knorr cubes) , ground crayfish and salt to taste.You can also add more seasoning if you like to. Mix thoroughly, cover and leave to cook for 2 minutes.
* Add the fried meat, mix well, cover the pot, simmer for 5 minutes and put off the heat.
* Add the boiled eggs and your Buka Stew/Obe Ata dindin is ready ..ENJOY.
You can use the Obe ata dindin stew for Jollof Rice, plain Boiled Rice, Boiled Yam , Obe ila /obe ilasa , Fried Plantain, Boiled Sweet Potatoes , Boiled Irish Potatoes, Fried Yams and also combined with other Nigerian soups.
|Obe Ata Dindin (Buka Stew)..Fried Pepper Stew|
Other Related Recipes
* Bitter leaf Soup (Ofe Onugbu)
* Nigerian Mixed Vegetable Sauce
* Nigerian Beef Stew
* Banga Soup : Urhobo Isoko Banga Soup Recipe
* Nigerian Chicken Stew
* How to Cook Okazi Soup (Ukazi Soup)
* Obe Ata Dindin : Nigerian Fried Pepper Stew
* How to Cook Edikang Ikong Soup
* Nigerian Tomato Stew(Vegan Stew)
* How to Cook Afang Soup
* Nigerian Pepper Soup
* Nigerian Ogbono Soup :How to Cook Ogbono Soup
* Nigerian Fish Stew (Obe Eja Tutu)
* How to Cook Nigerian Egusi Soup(Ofe Egusi/Obe Efo Elegusi)
By Nky Lily Lete