|Okra (image by npr.org)|
It is often use for making soups, stews and sauces, but can also be eating raw as a snack.
In Nigeria, it is used for the popular Okra soup and ogbono- okra mixed soup.
|Okra (image by telegraph.co.uk)|
* Okra helps in weight management and it's good for people on a weight loss or fitness journey. This is because 100g of raw okra pods contains 30 calories and also has lots of dietary fibers that gives you a feeling of fullness.
*Okra is great for pregnant women, because it contain folic acid which is needed for the formation of the neural tube of the fetus.
|Nigerian Okra Soup|
* Okra is a good laxative ans aids bowel movement.
* Okra is great for the skin and hair. Cut some okra pods and boil in little water until the juice mucilage begins to come out. Strain out and add a teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply mixture to hair and wash off after 10 minutes. Your hair will feel stronger and have more glow to it.
* Okra helps cure diabetes
* Okra Promotes colon health
* Okra boosts digestion
* Okra relieves cough
* Okra Improves eyesight(vision)
* Okra Helps to cure and prevent Constipation
Aren't these enough reasons to love Okra...well I think it is :)
|Frozen and thawed Okra|
by Nky Lily Lete