They were about 30 medium sized carrots in the pack, which was more than what I needed for the weekends' fried rice and coconut curry sauce, so I decided to make this tasty carrot cake.
I'm not one to brag about my baking, but this carrot cake was so delicious, that my neighbor paid me to bake two large ones for her daughter's engagement party in Valencia(about 8 hours drive from us, t&f).
Unlike this one below, the cakes were frosted and had to be transported by road; I only hope the cakes made it safe and also hope you try out the recipe below☺.
Carrot Cake ingredients
- 400gr grated carrots(about 8-10 carrots)
- 225 gr Sugar
- 300 gr Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 150ml Vegetable oil
- half teaspoon Salt
- 1 leveled tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 leveled tablespoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 120 gr Yogurt or heavy cream
(or use 90gr Milk + 30gr melted butter as substitute)
1a. First preheat the oven at 180ºC or 350ºF.
b. Prepare the pan by first greasing the inside with butter and then dust lightly with flour.
2. In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda , nutmeg and cinnamon together.
3. In another bowl, beat the eggs, yogurt, oil and sugar together until well combined.
4. Then gradually add the flour mixture; mix well and finally add the grated carrots.
Mix lightly until well incorporated and pour into the prepared pan.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes or until the cake is done.
(You'll know the cake is ready if a skewer dipped into the cake comes out clean, without any batter sticking to it)
Let the cake cool for a few minutes, then turn onto a rack and leave to cool completely then serve and enjoy.
If you don't have an oven, remember that you can also bake this cake on a stove top using the method described HERE.
* Easy Fruit Cake (Christmas special)
* Nigerian Cake (original recipe)
* How to Make Cake in a Sandwich Toaster
* Easy Apple Cake Recipe
* Easy Banana Cake Recipe
|Delicious Carrot Cake|