How to Make Nigerian Chin Chin

How to Make Nigerian Chin Chin, fry Nigerian Chin Chin, chinchin recipe
Nigerian Chin Chin

Nigerian Chin Chin is a crunchy deep-fried  snack, and quite easy to make.

It’s also a big party favorite and is usually served at birthday parties as an appetizer .

It’s a nice quick snack for guests and suitable as a movie night snack for the family; Kids love it too.

The Nigerian Chin Chin is not just a big favorite because of its delicious taste, it is also loved by all because it keeps for a long period(about 4 weeks) if stored properly in airtight containers.

So if you’re new at making any Nigerian Snack, you can be a winner with the Nigerian Chin Chin. Chin chin is known as Achomo in Ghana.

How to Make Nigerian Chin Chin, fry Nigerian Chin Chin, chinchin recipe

Here’s a video on How to Make Nigerian Chin Chin and below is  a detailed recipe for you to follow.Enjoy!

Ingredients for Nigerian Chin Chin
• 1kg of All purpose Flour(Plain Flour)
• 200g of Margarine
• 150 ml whole milk(100ml of evaporated milk or 75ml Condensed milk or 70g of powdered milk)
• Half teaspoon of baking powder(optional)
• 100g of granulated sugar
• Half a teaspoon Salt
• 1 teaspoonful of ground nutmeg
• 3 raw eggs(optional)
• Vegetable Oil (for frying)
• Water(add gradually if you are not using whole milk)
(add 50 ml if using Evaporated milk,
add 75ml is using Condensed milk,
add 100ml if using Powdered milk.

Preparation for the Nigerian Chin Chin

1. If you are using eggs, beat the eggs and set aside.
  2. Pour the sugar into a small bowl, add the milk and mix thoroughly.
  3. In a bigger bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
  4. Mix well and then add the margarine. Mix thoroughly with your hands until it looks like fine bread crumbs.
    How to Make Nigerian Chin Chin, fry Nigerian Chin Chin, chinchin recipe
  5. Add the eggs and the milk-sugar mixture into the bowl and mix well until you get a smooth but stiff dough.  If you are using powdered milk, you can add a little water to get this consistency.
    How to Make Nigerian Chin Chin, fry Nigerian Chin Chin, chinchin recipe
  6. Now place  the dough on a floured flat surface and knead for a minute. Then using a rolling pin, roll the dough flat and cut into any shape of choice. Note that the dough doubles in size when placed in the hot oil, so don’t cut it too big.

How to Make Nigerian Chin Chin, fry Nigerian Chin Chin, chinchin recipe

How to Make Nigerian Chin Chin, fry Nigerian Chin Chin, chinchin recipeHow to Make Nigerian Chin Chin, fry Nigerian Chin Chin, chinchin recipe

7. Heat up some oil until very hot and fry the Chin Chin dough. Stir continuously until all the chin chin changes from white to golden brown.
Tip: You have to fry the chin chin in batches and make sure that you don’t fry too much at a time , so that you won’t end up with ”oil soaked chin chin’

How to Make Nigerian Chin Chin, fry Nigerian Chin Chin, chinchin recipe

8. Transfer the fried Chin chin onto a flat pan or tray and leave to cool completely, then store in an airtight container. Enjoy!

How to Make Nigerian Chin Chin, fry Nigerian Chin Chin, chinchin recipe

There is no special way to enjoy the Nigerian Chin chin. You can eat it at any time of the day and at any occasions and  goes well with a good drink.

Other related recipes :

March 21, 2018 / 6:05 am

I wanted to check up and allow you to know how much I valued discovering your site today. I might consider it a honor to operate at my office and be able to utilize tips provided on your web-site and also take part in visitors' feedback like this.Should a position involving guest publisher become offered at your end, i highly recommend you let me know.

2. Clara
    July 28, 2017 / 12:09 pm

am happy i discovered your blog, really grateful for all the contents i see here, keep it up Nky

3. CLARA ALLISON
    July 3, 2017 / 4:06 am

Enter your comment…God bless you for your response and good work. It's motivating

4. dallntylr
    June 15, 2017 / 10:44 am

Can I make gluten free Chin Chin?

June 14, 2017 / 9:14 pm

Good evening Ma, pls what quantity of flour can give me full paint rubber of chin chin? Thanks Christy

6. Seyi Adekoya
    May 4, 2017 / 11:44 am

Hello. Its my first time here and I can see how beneficial u have been reading from comments. I also want to make chin chin. Can u help with measurement of ingredients using half paint of flour. Tnx

7. Gift
    April 25, 2017 / 12:47 pm

Really love this. Please 1kg is equivalent of how many cups

March 24, 2017 / 11:33 am

Cordes .what ingredients can I use to make the chin chin soft while eating

March 24, 2017 / 11:31 am

Cordes .what ingredients can I use to make the chin chin soft while eating

March 24, 2017 / 11:27 am

Thanks a lot. what ingredients can make chin chin to be soft and not strong when eating

11. Trishberry
    February 9, 2017 / 12:15 pm

12. Tricia Egbera
    February 9, 2017 / 12:13 pm

I have so been so addicted to this page, great job. It has so helped in making hubby smile always seeing series of meals on d dinning. Please my only challenge is how to accurately measure because i don't have a scaling machine. What other means pls can i use. Thank you

13. jessica chidimma
    January 17, 2017 / 7:39 pm

Can I fry for a few minute and then bake. Because I love my chin chin light colored.

14. jessica chidimma
    January 17, 2017 / 7:38 pm

15. Unknown
    January 17, 2017 / 7:36 pm

16. peace queen
    January 12, 2017 / 1:35 pm

my name is peaceaunty nky thank you very ma God bless you soo much. ma pls i want to know if i can use icing sugar and pepper in making chin chin. i ate one like that and i love the coolness of it in the mouth. thank u

17. peace queen