Apple cakes are simply delicious and also easy to prepare.
I always buy a bag of apples every week, for snacking,smoothies and making my family’s favorite apple cake.
This cake is moist and tasty and even as I write, I just couldn’t resist biting into this yummy deliciousness.
Here’s our ”no-fail” and easy apple cake recipe, you’ll surely enjoy.
You don’t need a cake mixer.
– 4 Apples
– 250 grams All purpose Flour
– 200 grams Sugar
– 100 grams melted butter OR margarine OR 100ml vegetable oil
– 3 Eggs
– 2 tablespoonful Baking powder
– 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract(optional)
(use ground cinnamon or nutmeg as substitute)
Tip: sometimes I use 2 eggs for this recipe,and add 100grams of yogurt as a substitute for the 3rd egg.
Before you start with the cake, prepare your baking pan by lightly greasing the inside of the pan with butter or oil, then dust with a little flour. Set aside for later use.
1. Peel and slice the apples.
(Cut 2 of the peeled apples into tiny cubes and cut the remaining 2 apples in half-circles. The half-circles will be used for decorating the top of the cake).
|Cubed apples(left);half-circle cut apples(right)|
2. Preheat oven at 170ºC .
Then, Place the eggs, sugar and cubed apples in a blender and blend to a puree. Add the Oil(or melted butter), sift in the Flour and Baking powder and finally the vanilla extract(or ground cinnamon).
Blend all ingredients until smooth.
Another method is to blend the apples,then pour into a wide bowl, add the eggs, sugar ,vanilla extract and oil; beat well and then sift in the Flour and Baking powder. Mix thoroughly until the batter is smooth.
3. Pour the cake batter into the prepared baking pan and decorate the top with the ”half-circle”’ apples. Now bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes 170ºC.
|Apple Cake,Before and After Baking|
To check if the cake is ready,
dip a toothpick/skewer into it;if the skewer comes out dry, then
your Apple cake is ready.
Leave to cool completely, then turn onto a rack, serve and Enjoy!
So what do you think? We love your comments☺
<<You might be interested in:* Easy Multi-Colour Polka Dots Fondant Cake for Beginners* How to make Fondant from scratch
* How to Color Fondant for Cake Decorating* How to Make Butter Icing (buttercream icing) * How to cover a cake with Fondant* Nigerian Cake Recipe* Apple cake recipe* Banana cake recipe* How to make Cake in a Sandwich Toaster