Coloring Fondant is another fun task I enjoy doing. It is easy to do, but also has to be done carefully so that you can get the exact color tone you are a looking to get. Here’s how to Color Fondant for Cake Decorating.
You’ll need :
– White Fondant
– Food dye or coloring (liquid, powder or paste)
– Gloves (to prevent staining your hands with dye)
(dr. oetker food coloring , do not stain, I love using them)
1. Put on the gloves and knead the fondant until soft and form a ball; then lightly punch the ball a little in the center .
2. Using a toothpick, pick a little of the coloring and tap it on the fondant, knead and repeat the process until you get your desired color.
If you’re using liquid food dye add one drop at a time and knead until you get your desired color.
3. Finally form into a ball and tightly wrap up the fondant in a nylon or plastic bag and place in a sealed container until you’re ready to use.
Tip: Always color more than you need because it could be difficult to get the same shade or color tone if you finish with the one you have.
<<You might be interested in:
* Easy Multi-Colour Polka Dots Fondant Cake for Beginners
* How to make Fondant from scratch
* How to Color Fondant for Cake Decorating
* How to Make Butter Icing (buttercream icing)
* How to cover a cake with Fondant
* Nigerian Cake Recipe
* Apple cake recipe
* Banana cake recipe
* How to make Cake in a Sandwich Toaster
Thanks so much . I will try mine for my mom’s birthday on October 1st
That will be so nice.
and wish mummy a happy birthday on my behalf
I want to learn how to make and decorate cake with fondant
Hi Jumoke, I Will be having a course for that soon
and will let you know so you can be part of it.
Pls the 500g of corn flour is it for kneading, all for neading
I guess you mean for making the fondant
Yes you will be needing that amount or less
but it’s better to have more than less.
I want to make icing cake with cream can you pls contact me with this num on What’s app pls pls 651960622
Hi Adeh, no need for whatapp calls
here’s a buttercream icing recipe https://www.nigerianfoodtv.com/how-to-make-butter-icing-buttercream/
Why does my fundant sweat
Enter your comment… Please why is it that Red colouring is always giving me dark pink
Please, how can I get a deep red colour? The liquid food colouring I use always comes out looking
Please, how can I get a deep red colour? The liquid food colouring I use always comes out pink (dark pink).
Tnks nky lily lete
Welldone dearie. I pray for more strength
Thanks Chi 🙂
Pls Nky is Egg white necessary for making fondant.if yes what is its work
And can one use them for the cake itself, not just icing? If not which can I use?
You can use it for both icing and the cake itself.
How about red velvet cakes?
How about red velvet cakes?
Yes Amy, you can use them for red velvet cakes .
Please where can I get the exact food colour you used?
It's dr oetker, I think you'll get it at park n shop, but feel free to use any good food color you find. Mine comes in paste, I think paste is better.
was the reminant of the pink fondant u made that u coloured?..Wasnt it difficult for u to get the colours as the fondant is not white?
No it wasn't ,but I needed more color than I would have used if I was working with white fondant.And the pink fondant I was using was a very light pink.
Very easy thanks.
you're welcome dear 🙂