Homemade Wonton wrappers are very easy to make and great for all Wonton recipes.
I love to use my wonton wrappers for fried wontons, but it can also be used for wonton soups and for Asian Egg rolls.. so feel free to use this recipe for any food that call for egg roll wrappers…Hope you enjoy it.
Homemade Wonton Wrappers (Homemade Dumpling Wrappers / Asian Egg Roll wrappers) Ingredients:
– 2 cups Flour
– 1 raw Egg
– 1 teaspoon Salt
– ½ cups Water…or as needed
– ½ teaspoon sugar…(optional..but very good , if you want a very crunchy wonton)
– Corn starch (enough to dust on the table, for kneading the dough)
Preparations for Homemade Wonton Wrappers (Homemade Dumpling Wrappers / Asian Egg Roll wrappers)
*Pour a little water into a small bowl;Add the salt ,sugar, and add the eggs.Mix thoroughly.
*Pour the flour into a large bowl and make a well in the middle. Add the egg mixture and mix well and knead until you get a smooth dough.Cover and leave to rest for 30 to 60min.
*Now take out the dough and divide the dough into two halves. Take one of the doughs and roll out on a flat surface that has been lightly coated with cornstarch . Roll out the dough as thin as possible.
*Next,Cut the flattened dough into squares and use it for any recipe that calls for Wonton Wrappers (Dumpling Wrappers / Asian Egg Roll wrappers).
* Homemade Spring Roll wrappers/lumpia wrappers(Popiah skins)
* How to Preserve or Store uncooked Spring Rolls
* Chicken-Vegetables Spring Rolls
* Homemade Wonton Wrappers (Homemade Dumpling Wrappers / Asian Egg Roll wrappers)
By Nky Lily Lete