|Nigerian Fish Rolls in rolls ..yummy!|
|Nigerian Fish Roll ,showing fish filling|
Nigerian Fish Rolls is a deep fried crunchy Nigerian snack made with flour, margarine, eggs and baking powder, and then filled with mashed spiced fish.
I love easy recipes and this is just one of my favorite Nigerian snacks; easy to prepare and simply delicious…here’s the recipe 🙂
If you like videos, this is detailed video on How to make Nigerian Fish Rolls
Nigerian Fish rolls ingredients:
For the Fish rolls dough/pastry:
- 350 grams Flour
- 100 grams margarine
- 1 raw egg
- 1 teaspoonful baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoonful salt
- 1/2 cup water (or enough to get a smooth, firm dough)
For the Nigerian Fish Rolls Filling:
- Fresh mackerel fish
- Vegetable oil for frying
Quick note: This is the cassic old school recipe, but you can add sugar to the dough and also spice up the fsh to get a tastier modern flavor,
Making the Nigerian Fish Rolls :
1. First, season the fresh fish with a little salt and fry lightly in hot oil; then remove the bones and mash well.
2. In a bowl , add the flour, salt, baking powder and margarine; Mix well , add the egg and mix thoroughly.
3. Now, add the water bit by bit, and knead the dough until you get a smooth but firm dough.
4. Next, place the dough on a flat board/table and cut out a bit. Using a rolling pin, roll out the small dough until it’s flat and then cut to form a rectangular shape.
5. Now add the mashed fish and fold/roll the dough. Keep rolling it until you get the length you desire.
6. Heat the oil until hot (not smoking hot) and fry the fish rolls on low heat until it’s crusty and brown.
7. Now the fish rolls are ready…Enjoy!
Nigerian Fish Rolls are a big favorite and usually eaten on its own as a snack or enjoyed with a chilled or hot drink.