Condensed milk toffee is one of my favorite candies. I like how it's a bit hard on the outside, but gets chewy as you enjoy its milky sweetness.
I loved this toffee as a kid and still do now.Here's how to make this famous old school Condensed milk toffee.
Be Warned!! It could be very addictive! ☺.
Ingredients for Condensed Milk Toffee
* 1 tablespoonful Butter/Vegetable OR Coconut oil
* 1 teaspoon Flavor(I love using either vanilla , caramel OR coffee flavor)(optional)
Tip: to get coffee flavor, mix a pinch of your everyday coffee in a teaspoon of water.
**See video recipe**
* In a non-stick pan.Melt the butter and add the condensed milk.
If you're using oil, simply pour into the pan and add the condensed milk.
* Stir continuously until it starts to bubble a bit and thicken, then add the flavor and keep on stirring.
* You'll notice as the mixture starts to form a thick caramel;continue stirring and scraping the milk that might stick to the pan. This takes about 15-20 minutes on low heat.
The Toffee is ready when the color changes from cream to a light brown toffee color.
* You can leave it in the pan to cool a bit, then mold to circles or Transfer onto a wax paper, flatten it to form a rectangle, then allow to cool even more and cut into toffee shapes.
Simple Irresistible. Enjoy!