Homemade Shortbread recipe (just as Mcvities & Walkers does it)
Shortbread Fingers are one of my favorite biscuits.
As a teen, I used to indulge a lot on the Walkers and McVities Shortbread brand and loved to have it with a hot beverage, but a few years back, I found a recipe that worked perfectly for me, and now the whole family just can't have enough.
Although the traditional recipe calls for only 3 ingredients, I like to add one extra ingredient which makes the ''already rich shortbread'' even richer and also takes the taste to another level.
++Get video recipe here++
Ingredients for Shortbread
- 150 grams Plain Flour or Fine Wheat flour
- 100 grams Butter (not margarine)
- 50 grams Icing sugar (powdered sugar)
- 2 tablespoonful Powdered Milk (optional, but makes it extra rich and creamy)
Tip: you can add about 3 tablespoonful of Corn flour or rice flour if you want to get a grainy texture.
Also Remember that the powdered milk in this recipe is optional, so feel free to leave it out if you want to.
|This is the butter I used (oldenburger),it's sold at big supermarkets|
1. Mix the butter and icing sugar together until creamy.
2. Sieve the plain flour + powdered milk(or the corn flour or rice flour) into the bowl and mix thoroughly until well incorporated.
3. Form a ball with the dough and leave to rest in the fridge or in a cool place for 30 minutes.
4. Now, preheat the oven at 170ºC /325ºF for about 5 minutes.
Then Place the dough on a table and roll it out to 3/4 inch thick width, then cut into 2cm by 10cm shortbread fingers or shapes and gently transfer unto a baking tray.
5. Using a toothpick, make indents on the shortbread fingers.
6. And finally, place the tray into the preheated oven and bake at 170ºC /325ºF for 10- 12 minutes or until firm, but not brown.
Tip: shortbread should not be browned but should have a cream color.
7. Leave to cool completely, Serve and Enjoy!
Thanks for your comments. Do join us on Nigerian Food TV channel for step by step video recipes ☺.
<<You might be interested in:
*How to make Icing sugar at home
* Easy Multi-Colour Polka Dots Fondant Cake for Beginners
* How to make Fondant from scratch
* How to Color Fondant for Cake Decorating
* How to Make Butter Icing (buttercream icing)
* How to cover a cake with Fondant
* Nigerian Cake Recipe
* Apple cake recipe
* Banana cake recipe
* How to make Cake in a Sandwich Toaster