|Nigerian Yam Porridge with Vegetables|
Nigerian Yam Porridge with vegetables is a tasty meal you have to try out.
It is prepared with a combination of yams and fresh green vegetables; a sure healthy way to eat yam and get your veggies in. Here’s an easy recipe for you.Enjoy!
Nigerian Yam Porridge with vegetables ingredients:
– 1 medium sized tuber of Yam
– 500 grams Spinach/fluted spinach leaves(ugu)
– 2 cooking spoonful Palm Oil
– 1 Pepper (scotch bonnet /atarodo)
– 2 tablespoonful ground Crayfish
– 1 bouillon/stock cube
– 1 onion bulb
– Smoked or cooked dried fish(optional)
– Salt to taste
1. First, cut and peel off the skin of the yam. Rinse thoroughly and place in a pot.
Add some water and salt to taste, and leave to boil for 15 minutes.
2. Now add the palm oil, chopped onions, ground crayfish, pepper, stock cube and cooked dried fish/smoked fish and cook until the yam is done(tender).
3. Add the sliced vegetables and simmer for 5 minutes and your Nigerian Yam Porridge with Vegetables is ready.
Nigerian Yam Porridge with Vegetables is usually eaten anytime of the day and enjoyed with a chilled drink.