Homemade Peanut Butter is so easy to make and does not contain any additives or preservatives.
It is also a good source of protein, carbohydrates and good fat, and enjoyed by kids and adults as well.
Peanut Butter serves as a yummy spread for bread and can be used in cookie recipes and other delicious snacks.
If you’ve never made Homemade Peanut Butter from scratch, I challenge you to try out this easy method, you’ll be glad you did.
-500grams roasted Peanut or groundnut
– 1 pinch of salt( optional)
– 2 teaspoons sugar(optional, but makes it sweeter)
– 2 teaspoons Peanut or vegetable oil(for lighter consistency)
Note: All you really need for making all-natural peanut butter is ONLY peanut (groundnut), but a some people like it sweeter and of lighter consistency, that’s why I provided the other ingredients.
Simply, leave out the extra ingredients if you like it all-natural.
1. Peel off the skin of the roasted Peanut or groundnut by rubbing in between your palms.
2. Pour the skinless Peanut or groundnut into a strong blender and blend for one minute.
Tip: If you’re using a weak blender, you’ll have to work in small batches.
3. Scrape down the nuts on the sides of the blender and blend again for 2 minutes, continue blending until it goes from crushed Peanut or groundnut, to a fine powder, then to a thick paste and finally to a big peanut butter dough.
Tip: the peanut butter is ready to use at this stage, but if you want it a bit runny and sweet, you can go ahead with the next step.
4. Add the oil, sugar and salt and continue blending to form a smooth runny peanut butter spread.
Pour into a clean container and use as desired or store in the fridge.
** Click to See how to make this Peanut/groundnut biscuits below **
☺ Thanks for your readership, comments and feedbacks.
Please Stay updated on facebook,subscribe below and also watch Nigerian Food TV videos for detailed video recipes ☺
I loooove ur recipe. It’s so so simple. But can I pound instead of blending?
Yes you can, as long as you can grind to paste
Wow thanks so much you really made it easy
Thank you for sharing ??
Thanks so much for the wonderful tips!
You’re welcome Oluwatosin
thank you so much. You really made it easy.
Enter your comment…God bless u dear
Thanks so much for all the wonderful recipe.. God bless u. pls is it the dry part of the blender or the wet part is to be used for blending the peanuts?
pls can u share d recipes and method of making ice cream cake
Pls how long can this last.since no preservatives added?
Please, are i to add water to groudnut if i want to blend it?
Hmmm. I love what you're doing here. I feel I can do wonders in my kitchen with your posts. Keep up the work dear.
Thanks a lot, Cyn 🙂
Pls, i want to be processing peanut butter for sale, how will go about it?
Your posts have always been very helpful, thank you.
you're welcome hun 🙂
Send me process for making burns
You're simply wonderful my dear.
thanks hun 🙂