Homemade Peanut Butter is so easy to make and does not contain any additives or preservatives.
It is also a good source of protein, carbohydrates and good fat, and enjoyed by kids and adults as well.
Peanut Butter serves as a yummy spread for bread and can be used in cookie recipes and other delicious snacks.
If you’ve never made Homemade Peanut Butter from scratch, I challenge you to try out this easy method, you’ll be glad you did.
-500grams roasted Peanut or groundnut
– 1 pinch of salt( optional)
– 2 teaspoons sugar(optional, but makes it sweeter)
– 2 teaspoons Peanut or vegetable oil(for lighter consistency)
Note: All you really need for making all-natural peanut butter is ONLY peanut (groundnut), but a some people like it sweeter and of lighter consistency, that’s why I provided the other ingredients.
Simply, leave out the extra ingredients if you like it all-natural.
1. Peel off the skin of the roasted Peanut or groundnut by rubbing in between your palms.
2. Pour the skinless Peanut or groundnut into a strong blender and blend for one minute.
Tip: If you’re using a weak blender, you’ll have to work in small batches.
3. Scrape down the nuts on the sides of the blender and blend again for 2 minutes, continue blending until it goes from crushed Peanut or groundnut, to a fine powder, then to a thick paste and finally to a big peanut butter dough.
Tip: the peanut butter is ready to use at this stage, but if you want it a bit runny and sweet, you can go ahead with the next step.
4. Add the oil, sugar and salt and continue blending to form a smooth runny peanut butter spread.
Pour into a clean container and use as desired or store in the fridge.