|Homemade Gyoza wrappers ( jiaozi or pot sticker wrappers)|
Homemade Gyoza wrappers (jiaozi or potstickers wrappers) are so easy and convenient to make that you’ll wonder why you ever bought the ones at the store.
I’m a Nigerian, but I love good food and I also like trying out cuisines from other countries. I have come to love Asian cooking because I have lots of Asian friends, so today I’ll be sharing a DIY recipe from my good friends Yuki and Yang, on how to make Homemade gyoza wrappers (jiaozi or pot stickers wrappers).
Ingredients for Homemade Gyoza wrappers( Jiaozi wrappers or pot sticker wrapper)
* 2 cups Plain Flour(all purpose flour)
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup hot water
* Sift the flour into a bowl and add the salt. Mix thoroughly
* Gradually , add the hot water as you mix, until you can form a ball with the dough. The dough should be stiff and not sticky.
* Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes, or until the dough is smooth. Then form a log shape with the dough, place in the bowl, cover and keep in the fridge for 45 minutes.
You can also cover it with a damp cloth and keep in a cool place for 45 minutes.
* After 45 minutes, take out the dough and place on the floured surface. Cut the log into several equal pieces.
* Flatten each piece with your palm and roll flat with a rolling pin. Then using a circular cutter, cut out a nice circle . Repeat this process for the remaining pieces.
Now you can make your gyoza filling and enjoy.